Monday, July 25, 2011

A Day in the Middle of Music City

Hard work and determination inspired me today showing two of its many faces in music and during breakfast. We had enjoyed breakfast at Fido’s (an former pet store) this morning with Ms. Bulls and our honored guest Mr. John Nesbitt. We discussed a lot about admissions and what it takes to get into a school like Vanderbilt; it’s not easy at all. We also discussed Vanderbilt’s financial aid policies like how Vandy is need blind, a no loan school, and promises to meet 15 of your need meaning one can go to Vanderbilt, after being accepted, virtually free. They also offer scholarships, yet they are extremely competitive according to Mr. Nesbitt. He also announced that our area was receiving a new counselor from Vanderbilt that we would be able to meet on Monday.
For our Recreational activity we ventured to the Country Music Hall of Fame where the work of many great musicians lay on display. Aside from learning about Country Music I asked myself what it would take to have a bronze sculpture, or an exhibit about my music. All the years, blood, sweat, and tears put into just one show multiplied by 100 at least.
And as we moved into our exploration of the city, Ret and I had found a Hard Rock Café bus carrying some of the greatest memorabilia ever seen. From Jimi Hendrix’s Guitar to the actual Michael Jackson “Beat it” jacket (with 11 zippers) to John Lennon’s jacket. I began to think of how far these individuals had come starting from the same point of every human being Birth, to having their clothing enshrined forever.
I don’t fully understand the qualities of gifted hard workers, but I do know that they love what they do. That lesson can be taken from anyone and everyone, to love what you do and make the best out of your situation.

1 comment:

  1. Kye,

    I never could figure out those zippers.

    I'm glad that when you posted photos from the Hall of Fame that you included one that showcased Hank Williams, Sr. Anyone who loves country music (like me) still idolizes Hank. He died when he was only 29 years old but already had more than 900 songs published. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete